Friday, April 20, 2012

Baby Prints



Happy Friday! 
Today's post is a special Thank You for our friends that gave us a whole new wardrobe for our new baby boy.  We were pregnant together the first time, almost 3 years ago.  They had a boy and we had a girl -- this time (we're pregnant together again!), they are having a girl and we are having a boy so we're swapping baby items..It's perfect! 
I used the Baby Prints stamp set from the Occasions Mini.  The Occasions Mini will come to end on April 30th, so there's still time to get this stamp set!  When I saw it, I had to have it -- being pregnant, I thought of so many events coming up that I can use this for!  On top of the baby feet, I've embossed Thank You from the Thank You Kindly stamp set with white embossing powder.  It's a little hard to tell in the pictures, but I didn't want to use a darker color and distract from the cute little feet.  Thank You Kindly, unfortunately, made the cut and will be retiring with this catalog on May 30th.  This is stamp set that I will probably hang on to for a while.  I use it for everything! (well Thank You cards that is) 
This card also uses the Big Shot Framelits - Label collection that are new in the Occasions Mini as well.  They come in either labels or hearts and have 6 dies that are all different sizes and coordinate with each other and a couple stamp sets also featured in the Occasions Mini.  If you don't have your own catalog, send an email with your address to nicholevg@gmail.com and I'll put one in the mail for you! 
This card is a little too plain for me -- after I put it together I thought of running the Pool Party (lighter blue) card stock through an embossing folder like the polka dots folder.  That would have added a little more wow.   On the inside of the card, I stamped the matching baby hands that comes in the stamp set with Island Indigo. 
Items used in this card:
Stamp Sets -- Baby Prints (125470), Thank You Kindly (111700)
Card Stock -- Pool Party, Island Indigo, Whisper White
Ink -- Island Indigo, VersaMark
Ribbon -- Whisper White Organza
Accessories -- Big Shot, Labels Framelits, White embossing powder, Stampin' Dimensionals

Thank you for looking!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment