Thursday, April 19, 2012

Goodbye Butterflies, Hello techniques!

Stampin'Up! just released the retired stamp sets list in preparation of the new catalog coming out on June 1st.  I'm really to sad to see some of my favorite stamp sets on the list.  Today's stamp set is one of my favorites, so I figured I better use it as much as possible until it's time to say goodbye. 

The stamp set is called Flight of the Butterfly.  I love butterflies and I love polka dots, so this is my favorite stamp out of the set.  Since I have to say goodbye to the stamp set, I thought I would try something new with the card.  I saw this technique on Pinterest and I was determined to try it myself.  I used the Framed Tulips embossing folder for the Big Shot to create the border on the pink (Melon Mambo) and Blue (Pacific Point) card stock.  I followed the instructions I found on YouTube to use the folder for the different sizes of card stock.

Here's a closeup look at the embossing folder and another technique.  I used the new Daffodil Delight seam binding from the Summer Smooches collection and our linen thread to create the faux bow!  I always struggle with making the perfect bow especially with the seam binding since it's rather delicate.  The faux bow technique creates a perfect bow every time! 


Stampin'Up! Products in this card:
Stamp Set -- Flight of the Butterfly
Card Stock -- Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Pacific Point
Ink -- Pacific Point, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight
Ribbon -- Daffodil Delight Seam binding
Accessories -- Big Shot, Framed Tulips embossing folder, Stampin' Dimensionals

Get your Flight of the Butterfly stamp set today at my Online Store!

No comments:

Post a Comment