Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Day 3

Good Morning!  It's Day 3!  I have so many ideas for this blog that I want to share, but I can't post them all in one day or that would spoil the fun.  Today's post features cards from last week's demo meeting.  As I Stampin'Up! Demonstrator, I attend a monthly meeting with my upline and fellow team members.  We share our creative ideas, inspire each other, and help each other develop the business that's right for us.  There are many great benefits to being a demo and the monthly meeting is just one of them! 

Each month, we have a card swap with a different theme.  This month's theme was embossing (dry or heat).  Our group, called Ladybug Ink, is growing rapidly, so this month's swap produced 16 cards -- I'll split them out over the week.
This first card is my swap.  I used the Gnome Sweet Gnome Stamp Set in the Occasions Mini Catalog and the Lattice embossing folder.  I colored in the girl using my Stampin'Up! markers. It's a cute simple card.
The card below is Angela's card.  She embossed the darker blue section with an embossing folder and heat embossed the image.  I believe she brayered over the top of the embossed image afterwards.
This next one is Corrina's card. She used the polka dots embossing folder on the melon mambo (pink) card stock and heat embossed the watermelon with our new Scented Embossing Powder!!! It's really cute and smells like melon!  You can purchase the new powder in the Occasions Mini catalog.
The next card is Miquelita's.  She has two this month since she just recruited a new member of her team!  It's very cute and masculine.  The circles are embossed using the lattice embossing folder and the top layer is scored using the new Simply Scored Scoring Tool.
This is Miquelita's 2nd card. It's so simple but so cute!  The stamp is embossed using our colored embossing powder in Wild Wasabi.  The flower is really simple and uses our oval punch.  I would have never thought of using it to create a flower.  Miquelita is my direct upline and I'm so thankful to have her -- she provides inspiration and lots of support!
Hope you enjoyed today's blog...stay tuned for more from this month's meeting.

I'm following suit and must give credit to Ruth Norton who has inpired me to create a daily blog.  Check out her blog here.


No comments:

Post a Comment